Clarion Police Dept.
120 1st Ave SW
Clarion, IA. 50525



Frequently Asked Questions

How Can I get a copy of a police report?

Police reports can be obtained from the police department Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm.

Do you provide fingerprinting and/or specialized fingerprinting services?

Fingerprinting services are available at the Police Department.

When making a call from my cellular phone, to which 911 location will my call go?

The county sheriff's office tower that is closest to your location. Always be sure to give your location when calling from you car.

How can I protest a parking or traffic ticket?

Option 1: If you receive a parking or traffic citation which you feel is unjustified or was issued due to circumstances beyond your control, you are encouraged to contact the officer who issued the violation to explain your position.

Option 2: If you want to request a hearing to dispute the ticket call the Clerk of the Court at (515) 532-3113 to schedule a hearing date.

Why does it take long for the police to respond to certain calls?

All requests for police services are prioritized based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. Occasionally, less serious calls must be delayed so that we can respond immediately to emergencies.

Why am I asked so many questions when I call the police?

Dispatchers are trained to gather as much information as possible in order to determine the nature and seriousness of the problem. On emergency calls the dispatcher will relay information to the officer while asking you additional questions.

How can I find out if someone is in jail, when someone is in jail can be visited and any other information about persons in jail?

Contact Wright County jail

Where do I go to pay my traffic citation?

Traffic citations are processed through the Wright County Clerk of Court's Office. If you have any questions about paying for a traffic citation or you would like to set a hearing date, please contact the Clerk's Office directly at (515)532-3113.

Can I make a police report at any time of the day or do I need to make an appointment?

The police department will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week to requests for police assistance. The phone number for non-emergency assistance is (515) 532-2515.

Can I make a police report over the telephone or does an officer have to come to my house?

Some reports can be taken over the telephone, however, most will require an officer to respond.

Should I report suspicious activity in my neighborhood?

Absolutely! The police department depends on citizens calling to report crimes or suspicious activity. You will be asked questions about the activity to determine its nature for descriptions of the people involved. You may be asked if you would like an officer to contact you, however, you may remain anonymous if you wish.






homeabout us municipal code meet our officers linksFAQ's
Copyright ©2007 Clarion Police Department


Designed by: FahnDesign